Political Advocacy Intern
Job Overview: In this internship, you will create your own advocacy campaign and follow it from the pre-planning stages of research and introduction through awareness campaigns, implementation, and finally evaluation all while learning how successful campaigns are run.
DO YOU DEMOCRACY? is a nonpartisan national campaign with the aim of increasing political understanding, action, and education in the younger generations through civic engagement.
This is a part-time 10-hours per week, unpaid remote internship. The internship is for 12 weeks and responsibilities will include leading public and political outreach in your state and district.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of issue-focused legislation.
- Speak to groups, classes, and organizations.
- Write articles on advocacy, outreach, and policy.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet goals.
- Represent Do You Democracy? at various business, political, and community events.
- Complete one free online course focused on advocacy, politics, or on your campaign issue.
Impact - Engage with the issues and the people at the forefront of today’s most impactful civil discourse, affect key decision-makers and raise the volume of your local constituents.
Experience - Through this remote, part-time internship you will contribute to meaningful work while developing substantive change-agent skills, which will be useful across all industries, and organizational experience.
Flexibility - Join an easygoing group of young individuals and a relaxed atmosphere where you are the priority. You will have the ability to complete the internship in between working and/or studying.
There will also be networking opportunities, the possibility of a continuing position after the internship, mentorship, and career and resume help at the end of the program.
- Highschool degree and up
- Interest in advocacy, politics, civics
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- Superior aptitude for learning
- Computer literacy
- Desire to help others
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully
- Ability to set personal deadlines and work independently
We would love to have you become a part of our ever-growing community of political advocates!