DO YOU DEMOCRACY? is a nonpartisan national campaign with the aim of increasing political understanding, action, and education in the younger generations. This is a part-time 15-hours per week, unpaid remote internship. The internship is for 12 weeks and responsibilities will include leading public and political outreach in your state and district.
– Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
– Represent Do You Democracy? at various business, political and community events.
– Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet goals.
– Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of issue focused legislation.
– Speak to groups, classes and organizations.
– Write articles on the organizations focused issues.
In this internship you will also be responsible for picking three policies of your choice to advocate for along with the organizations policies.